What is the purpose of the CCSD?
The purpose of the CCSD Group is to deal with all matters related to the development, exploitation and licensing of the CCSD Schedule and the Trade Mark.
Accordingly, the CCSD Group shall on behalf of all members:
- Deal with all issues relating to the ownership, licensing and exploitation of all such rights as the CCSD members may have in the CCSD Schedule and the Trade Mark subject to and in accordance with the Regulatory Agreement and its amendments
- Maintain, update and develop the CCSD Schedule and the Trade Mark
- Manage the registration and protection of any rights in the CCSD Schedule and the Trade Mark
- Issue annual fee-carrying licences for the use of codes and narratives published by the CCSD
- Arrange for the creation, maintenance and keeping of appropriate minutes and other books and records of and relating to the activities of the Group, the CCSD Schedule and the Trade Mark.
For the purposes of clarity, the CCSD Group wishes to make it clear that:
- The purpose of the CCSD is not to determine levels of agreement for re-imbursement
- The CCSD will not determine classifications, complexities or relative values for either surgery or anaesthetics
- The set of classifications, complexities or relative values to be adopted by individual insurers for hospitals is a matter for each individual insurer to determine
- The CCSD does not define hospital classifications, complexities or relative values nor the process for populating these
- The CCSD will seek to promote a dialogue between the private medical sector and the NHS regarding the development and use of procedure codes and narratives
- The CCSD Group is not an industry body and unable to comment on matters beyond the meaning and use of the CCSD codes and narratives
- The CCSD Group is not a regulatory body save for ensuring that the use of the codes is within the terms of the relevant Licensing Agreements.